Stop Creditor Harassment: Bankruptcy Attorney in Hawkins Greene County
Experienced Lawyer in Rogersville, Tennessee
Phone calls, letters, and other harassment by creditors can make life miserable. But remember: If you are being threatened with wage garnishment, home foreclosure, and other harsh creditor actions, there is hope. At the Law Office of Mark A. Skelton, we help people take full advantage of the protections and many available options offered by the bankruptcy code. Our goal is to prevent creditors from harassing you and help you obtain a fresh financial start.
Stop Creditor Harassment Today
Our law firm has been helping people achieve debt relief since 1983. If you are struggling with debt and being harassed about repayment, bankruptcy can be the best possible way of getting creditors off your back and reclaiming your peace of mind.
Bankruptcy puts an immediate end to:
- Creditor harassment: As soon as you file for bankruptcy, the phone calls and threatening letters must stop immediately. If your creditors want to talk to you, they have to do so through your attorneys.
- Wage garnishment: Creditors who obtain a judgment against you may take as much as 25 percent of your wages. If you file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, garnishments can be stopped.
- Bank account levies: Judgment creditors can also take money out of your bank account. This can be especially devastating for people who are already having financial troubles. Bankruptcy stops this process.
- Home foreclosure: Chapter 13 bankruptcy is especially effective for people who are struggling to keep up with home mortgage payments. Learn more about home foreclosure and bankruptcy.
- Car repossession: If you are behind on car payments, bankruptcy can give you a chance to get caught up and stop creditors from taking your property. Learn more about ways to avoid repossession.
Attorney Mark Albert Skelton will work with you personally to put an end to harassment and harsh actions by creditors and can help you file for bankruptcy to end your debt problems.
Contact a Foreclosure and Debt Collection Attorney Serving Kingsport
If you need help stopping creditor harassment, we will stand up for your rights. Contact us today online or by telephone at 888-899-5564 to schedule an appointment with an experienced East Tennessee bankruptcy lawyer. We offer a free office initial consultation. In addition to regular business hours, we are available evenings and weekends by appointment at our Rogersville office.